DVD Shrink 3.2 is a utility to copy encrypted DVDs or DVDs larger than 4.7 Gb.
DVD Shrink 3.2 achieves this by removing some unnecessary elements (foreign language audio or subtitles, extras, additional footage) from the target DVD or just by compressing the existing contents. DVD Shrink also decripts the files, if needed, with its built-in decryption algorithms.
First, you must put the DVD to be copied into your DVD drive. Then, press the "Open Disc" button. DVD Shrink then analyses the DVD contents, and when finished displays them on the right side of the screen.
You can remove elements from the folders Menu, Main Picture and Extras. You can remove audio or subpictures from them.
You can also increase the compression rate of the video, thus decreasing its quality. If you choose the "No compression" option, no compression will be applied. With the "Automatic" option, DVD Shrink will apply the minimum compression needed to fit the entire movie into the DVD, minimizing the quality loss. By choosing the "Custom Ratio" option, you determine the compression level. "Still Image" will replace the existing video with an image you choose, while "Still Pictures" will replace the video with images taken at 0.5 intervals.
You can also re-author a DVD, removing or adding sequences from other sources.
After setting the desired parameters, you can record your new DVD, or backup it to the hard disk.
- It allows you to burn large DVDs or even Double Layered DVDs onto a plain 4.7 Gb. DVD
- You can prevent loss in video quality removing unnecesary subtitles or sound files
- If you need to compress the video, the loss in quality tends to be unnoticeable
- It´s free!
- The interface is rather confusing for those who are not used to working with movies, sound files and video streams
- You will need to have Nero installed to burn DVDs